For use with Caravans, motor homes and relocatable homes.
The Residual Voltage Detection Unit (RVD-EMR) is designed for use in TN (M.E.N)/TT electrical earthing systems to enhance electrical protection to any electrical distribution system already protected by an RCD/RCBO unit. The RVD-EMR is a technology that detects a leakage voltage to earth/frame of greater than 43 volts. When the RVD-EMR unit detects an earth/frame voltage above the specification, the RDV-EMR causes the electrically connected RCD/RCBO to trip and isolate the supply voltage to the load. The RVD-EMR provides two (2) additional layers of electrical protection.
- Overcomes conventional issues with protective devices usually caused by environmental factors including high impedance environments such as sandy, hard rocky soils, wet electrical areas, unearthed electrical supplies, portable generators and power inverters.
- Detects and trips the RCD/RCBO when the Supply Neutral and Active are swapped.
Dimensions: 18mm W, 78mm H and 65mm D
DIN rail mountable,
- Neutral line-side-Blue
- Active load-side – Brown
- Neutral load-side – Blue
- Earth/Frame (Sensor) – Green/Yellow
The device will in no way impede or interfere with the normal operation of an RCD/RCBO.
- Compliant to AS/NZS 3000,
- Compliance Approval No. NSW25662,
- Voltage detection: approximately 43 volts (below ‘touch potential’ level),
- Trip Current: 20mA,
- Trip time: 20mSec,
- Associated RCD/RCBO actuating current imbalance trip level: 31mA
- Voltage rating: 240AC.
- Frequency: 50Hz,
- One size fits all (RCD/RCBO current rating),
- Enhances RCD/RCBO operation in TN(MEN), TT earthing environments,
- Reverse Polarity detection and isolation for TN(MEN) systems,
- Red LED indication on fault detection