The Residual Voltage Detection Unit (RVD-EI) is designed for use in floating (IT) electrical distribution systems to enhance electrical protection to any electrical distribution system already protected by an RCD/RCBO unit. The RVD-EI is a technology that detects a leakage voltage to earth/frame of great than 43 volts from either the active or neutral. When the RVD-EI unit detects an earth/frame voltage above the specification the RVD-EI causes the electrically connected RCD/RCBO to trip and isolate the supply voltage to the load.
For use with inverters and generators.
Dimensions: 18mm W, 78mm and 65mm D
DIN rail mountable
- LI (Neutral) line-side – Blue
- L2 (Active) load-side – Brown
- Earth/Frame (Sensor) – Green/Yellow
The device will in no way impede or interfere with the normal operation of an RCD/RCBO.
- Compliant to AS/NZS 3000,
- Compliance Approval No: NSW25662,
- Voltage detection: approximately 43 volts (below ‘touch potential’ level),
- Trip Current: 20mA,
- Trip Time: 20mSec,
- Associated RCD/RCBO actuating current imbalance trip level: 30mA,
- Voltage rating: 240VAC,
- Frequency; 50Hz,
- One size fits all (RCD/RCBO current ratings),
- Detects active or neutral connection to earth/frame,
- Red LED indication on fault detection
- The RVD gives 2 additional levels of protection for caravans and relocatable premises.
- It with still operate the RCBO safety switch if the supply to the caravan or R/P looses its protective earth,
- It will operate the RCBO safety switch if the supply to the caravan or R/P is reverse polarity.